Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back at School

Summer is over and the school year is started. We began our in-service days Tuesday, August 11 at Marion High School listening to a wonderful keynote speaker that did his job to motivate us! Every employee in the three Marion County school districts plus us "stand-alones" were required to attend. It is a great way to kick-off the school year and get to see folks from other schools that we may not see the rest of the year.

The remainder of Tuesday, Wednesday and today we have met with our own staff, welcomed new employees and worked in our classrooms. We also met for breakfast this morning, compliments of Marion County TEC, at a local restaurant and will be treated for lunch tomorrow at another eatery. One of the perks for working here at MCTEC. We love to eat!!!

As I prepare to teach this year, I am excited about the new technology tips I have already learned in the first two classes of my Masters Degree in Technology in Education from Lesley University. Much of what I have learned will be used and taught in my curriculum. Lets go get 'em teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment